Student Study Aborad Program FAQS | Berlitz US | Language + Culture = Berlitz

Student FAQs

Português (Brasil) | Español | 한국어 | 日本語

What health insurance plans are available and how much do they cost?

You MUST have medical insurance coverage while in the U.S. If you cannot provide evidence of sufficient coverage, in English, for medical expenses incurred while studying in the U.S., you must purchase the BSA Student Health Insurance Plan. The BSA Student Insurance Plan is offered to all Berlitz students at a non-refundable fee of $75.00 per 2-week program and $150.00 per 4-week program. If you are interested in family or vacation health insurance, please contact the BSA Department. You will receive additional information about the BSA Student Health Insurance Plan when you arrive at the Berlitz Language Center.

How do I reserve host family accommodations?

If you require host family accommodations, you should send your completed application along with deposit fees at least 6 to 8 weeks before your arrival. It is important to remember that not everyone is suited to stay at a host family. Host families should be considered as your adopted family while in the US. For our Home stay Agents to place you with a family compatible with your requirements it is essential that you complete the Host Family Accommodation and provide as much information about yourself. Berlitz cannot promise or guarantee a private bath or that other students will not be hosted by the same family. For cancellation fees please review the Terms and Conditions.

Executive Studio apartments are available upon request.

What are the registration & payment fees?

Your completed application must be submitted with your 15% deposit along with your $100.00 registration fee and international processing fee. All payments must be in US Dollars – all payments can be made via Wire Transfer (fee of $35.00), or by any major credit card. If paying by credit card please complete Credit Card Payment information located on the BSA application.

Where should I send the wire transfer?
Please remit the Grand Total by wire transfer to:
Berlitz International, Inc.
PNC Bank of New Jersey
842 State Road, Princeton, New Jersey 08540
Account #: 8001188574
ABA Routing #: 031207607
Swift Address: PNCCUS33

It is very important that the following is on the Bank Information Sheet: BSA, Student’s Full Name, and Name of the City of Language Center. Please confirm payment by sending copy of Wire Transfer Form to — Fax: 1.609.750.3593

How do I obtain a Student Visa?

According to U.S. immigration laws, you must enter the United States on a non immigrant, student (F-1) visa if you wish to study in our programs that offer 18 plus hours of instruction per week. Berlitz Study Abroad Centers are authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

To obtain an F-1 student visa you will need to pay a SEVIS Fee (NOT a Berlitz FEE) you must print receipt and present to the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate along with certain documents to demonstrate your intent to study in the United States and, after completion of your studies, return to your home country.

The documents you need: an I-20 obtained from Berlitz, proof of financial certification, a valid passport, and evidence of ties to your country. In addition, a personal interview with a visa officer will be required. We recommend that you make an appointment for your interview at least 60-120 days before the date you intend to begin your studies. You can find more information on how to apply for a student visa, including the required visa application, is available on the U.S. Embassy and U.S. consulate website, a listing may be found at

How do I get an I-20?

When applying to a Berlitz Study Abroad program make sure to indicate on the application that you need an I-20. You must also supply documentation with your application showing proof of financial responsibility. You must have enough available money to pay for your program – tuition, living expenses and miscellaneous expenses.

What is the refund policy for international students studying at Berlitz Language Center on F-1 students visas?

  • If you cancel or Berlitz terminates your enrollment at any time prior to the first scheduled day of instruction, you will receive a full refund of tuition and fees (including any fee paid for health insurance). The $100.00 registration/international processing fee, host family accommodation fees, and all courier fees are non-refundable.
  • If you cancel or Berlitz terminates your enrollment after classes have begun in an Total Immersion® or Private program, you will be refunded for all lessons not taken; however, the $100.00 registration/international processing fee, host family accommodation fees, and all courier fees are non-refundable.
  •  If you cancel or Berlitz terminates your enrollment after classes have begun in a Comb or Small Group program, you will be refunded for the weeks not taken; however, the $100.00 registration/international processing fee, host family accommodation fees, and all courier fees are non-refundable.

If your enrollment is cancelled or terminated, Berlitz will, as required by federal law, notify the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) that you are no longer pursuing a full course of study and, therefore, are in violation of your F-1 (student) visa status.

All refunds must be requested in writing. Payment will be processed with 4 to 6 weeks.

Contact Berlitz To Learn More »


© 2016 Berlitz Languages, Inc. All rights reserved.

© 2016 Training Management Corporation. A Berlitz Company. All rights reserved.

© 2016 Second Language Testing, Inc. A Berlitz Company. All rights reserved.

Benesse Holdings, Inc.

  • For Individual Inquiries : 1.866.4BERLITZ
  • For Kids & Teens Inquiries: 1.866.3BERLITZ
  • For Corporate Inquiries: 1.866.2BERLITZ
  • For Corporate Headquarters: 1.800.257.9449

Created by NetReach Powered by cmScribe Content Management System (CMS)