As organizations have evolved from international to multinational to truly global, the communicative skill needs have also changed. In order to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural business environment, it is important to be able to express one’s ideas with impact and appropriate style. The Communication Skills program will:
- Equip non-native English speakers with the communication skills necessary to become effective leaders in the global business arena
- Enable participants to practically apply their English language skills in realistic business environments
- Help participants overcome any existing barriers that prevent them from effectively conducting business in English
Communication Skills Programs — Entry & Advanced
The Communication Skills curriculum builds off of participants’ existing level of English language skills. The program is structured in two levels: Basic and Advanced. Each of these programs develops business communication skills in three core areas – Presentations, Meetings, and Negotiations, with Advanced also focusing on Leadership Communication. The modules are delivered in 36 total hours of training. Additional modules are currently available, including Virtual Communication, Management Communication, and Human Resources.
Learn more, click here.
Entry requires intermediate proficiency in English for participation. Participants develop the skills that will enable them to actively contribute in meetings and give formal presentations. They also gain the ability to engage in negotiations and confidently assert their opinions. A major component of the program involves simulations – practice in all areas is critical for success.
||Leadership & Coaching
||Presentation Language and Structure
||Preparing for Negotiations (objectives, interests, options, BATNA)
|Facilitation (brainstorming, decision making, external meeting)
||Framing, Bargaining, Making Cconcession
|Handling Difficult Participants
Provided a participant has an advanced language proficiency of 7+, he or she may either continue with Advanced after completing Basic or start at the Advanced level. Presentation skills are further honed, and include how to handle difficult situations and how to make presentation styles more impactful. Negotiation skills extend to facilitating the process itself. Like Basic, the Advanced curriculum is rich in projects and simulations, engaging participants in practical, real-life applications of the skills.
||Leadership & Coaching
|Pre- and Post-Meeting Facilitation Tasks
||Preparing Content: Purpose, Objectives, Audience Awareness
||Influencing People as a Leader and a Coach
|Decision Making and Problem Solving Tools
||Seven Elements of Negotiations
||Understanding the Importance of Change Management
|Dealing With Challenging Meeting Situations
||Dealing with disruptions and problem participants
In addition to being provided with continued e-mail support upon course completion, participants also receive the following:
- Certificate: The participants who complete the course successfully receive a signed Certificate of Achievement.
- Report: The trainer report provides participants with information on participation, improved areas and points to focus on.
- USB: Recordings from the presentation simulations (as well as others upon request) are gathered on a personalized USB that chart the participant’s performance throughout the course. The participant can use the USB in tandem with the report to assess their performance and identify future areas for improvement.
Fully Customized Training Programs
Berlitz is committed to partnering with clients to deliver value-added trainings that bring tangible results. We offer fully customized programs for client-specific attendees. We meet with you to ascertain the specific communicative goals and requirements of the organization. We then create a goal-focused agenda with emphasis on the skill takeaways of the participants. Once the agenda is approved, the customized curriculum is developed utilizing proprietary materials, complemented by full case studies from leading business education institutions such as Harvard University. Throughout this process, we work closely with you to receive feedback and integrate new requests into the program as required to ensure a significant return on training.
Contact Berlitz To Learn More »